Saturday, January 19, 2008

Practicing

Eric and I packed up our bag this Friday for a weekend away...in Brooklyn. A new apartment, complete with cheesecake, a new red pillow, and a two-year old.

When Eric shared this news with his father, our adopted "grandfather," and a friend, they all said the same thing: "oh, you're practicing!" And when I shared the news with the family I tutor, the parents came to the same conclusion, "good practice." And sure enough, when I met Eric at Robyn's house late Friday night, Eric had been schooled in diaper changing, bathing, and bedtime routines. All a first for him. This startles me a bit. I can't imagine getting to my forties without ever having changed a diaper, but Eric is a man of many talents. And now diaper changer can be added to his resume. Good thing he's such a quick learner.

All in all, Andrew has adjusted fairly well to waking up to unexpected faces. Winnie the Pooh has helped to soothe him during the sad times, and during the happy times we're having lots of fun. And Eric and I are practicing going slower.

1 comment:

Marti said...

I am glad it is going well. Take pictures! :)

When I got on the phone with Eric, I said it was good practice, too. He said, "I don't know what you are talking about."