Thursday, November 29, 2007

Today

Today is the birthday of C.S. Lewis, Louis May Alcott, and Madeleine L'Engle. Who knew these three shared the same birthday. I learned this from my daily email from The Writer's Almanac. I recommend signing up for these emails if you would like a daily dose of poetry. I often love the poems printed in these emails, but I don't like to repost them on the blog because most of them are copyrighted. Not that this probably really matters given my very small readership...but still.

Here's the link to sign up if you're interested:
http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/

3 comments:

Marti said...

Every time I open your blog since you posted this, I hear Garrison Keillor's voice in my head saying, "Be well, do good work, and keep in touch."

Marti said...

I really do think I might be a New Yorker.

Every time I do something for work with a state agency, I think, "Maybe this isn't my state anymore."

I don't know what it means, exactly, but I am pretty sure a change is ahead. I've got that fall feeling.

Anne said...

Alas, I suppose I have broken all kinds of copyright laws on my website.

When I was at St. Olaf, Garrison Keillor did a live radio performance at our school. It was really fun, but I don't think I might be a Minnesotan. (Is it even possible to say the word Minnesotan without an accent?)