Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I'm Home

The surgery went well. I am home and recovering from the anesthesia. I had forgotten how it always makes me vomit. (My Dad reminded me that when I got my tonsils out in France we learned the French word for vomit--vomir.) But aside from that general discomfort and fatigue, I'm doing well. The surgery was 3 hours late, but the nursing staff and doctors were really great. I felt well cared for and calm throughout the procedure.
Thanks to all for your well wishes, thoughts, and prayers. I felt supported.

10 comments:

Marti said...

Phew!

J. Baird said...

Good good good to hear!

J. Baird said...

Except for the discomfort and vomiting part of course...

Anne said...

Good work, Wild Woman.

Marti said...

Hey Loba,

Just wanted to say I hope the vomir has improved today.

Kirsten said...

I've been able to eat today without problems, though I've had a headache since last night that will not end. I feel pretty good, but woozy from the anesthesia. Those drugs pack a punch. I feel it in the core of my bones, this weakness that is slowly going away. It's the way I feel when I watch something that looks painful--the weak in the knees feeling--except I feel it everywhere.
Eric says that anesthesia kills you just a little bit for a little while. Such a strange idea. I am always shocked at how I am in the operating room, I get the drugs and the next thing I know I'm opening my eyes in another room. I don't understand the blackness in between. Even sleep doesn't have that feeling. Or I guess some nights it can, but normally my dreams make it feel very different.

Dave said...

Hey you!

So glad to read this and hear everything went okay. Let me know if there is anything you need. When do you head for Florida?

Marti said...

New posts, por favor!

:)

Marti said...

Tambien, comment on Anne's "good news" thread, por favor.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.