Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Update

So I'm still dealing with the tail end of this detox. I went to my chiropractor on Tuesday, and he was shocked at the state of my muscles and back. He said it was unlike any other time he's seen me, that I bore the signs of a full-on detox. His metaphor: "It's like your body took everything in the attic and the basement and all the closets and every room in the house and put it all in the living room." I just hope I feel better tomorrow, because I am flying to Florida.
And that's the other update. I leave for a family visit tomorrow night. I won't be back to NYC until Tuesday afternoon, when I hit the ground running. The week I get back I have tutoring, classes, a night out with Len for Eric's birthday, a conference for my storytelling internship, and I have to plan, cook, and clean for a big party I'm throwing for Eric's birthday on Saturday the 13th. I'm getting tired in anticipation of the week. :)
I'm looking forward to seeing Jonathan and my grandparents who I haven't seen in almost a year. I can't believe it's been so long.

1 comment:

Marti said...

I love you, friend! I am so sorry that everything in the attic, the basement, the closets and every room in the house is in the living room! (And simultaneously celebratory of whatever kind of healing might be underway...just seems hard to handle with all that you have on your plate!). You are brave and wonderful to be facing all that you are right now. I hope the time with your family offers further healing. Who knows, maybe having everything in the living room will inspire fort-building, sleepovers, carpet picnics, and all sorts of fun that wouldn't otherwise happen. Good luck!