Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Left Side of My Body

is sick. Yes, just the left side. I started feeling a cold last night, and by the time I woke up this morning the sinuses on the left side of my face were all swollen. My left eye is red and watery. My left nostril is running. My left eardrum is tender. My left cheek hurts. The left side of my throat is raw from nasal drip. The left side of my neck aches. My left shoulder hurts. My left hip really aches. And I even have gas on the left side of my abdomen.
But my right side is fine. No aches, no runny nose, no gas, no nothing.
It feels SO weird!
I get acupuncture treatments every two weeks for reasons I won't go into online, but the strange thing is that a little over a week ago she did a treatment that focused on the left side of my body. Maybe this is some strange detox. I can't wait to ask her.

1 comment:

J. Baird said...

Wow, that is interesting that it is the left side. I agree that it is likely a detox of some sort. I have heard that the left and right sides of our bodies hold the feminine and masculine balance, but I'm no expert. By the way I love the title of your blog being Becoming a Wild Woman. What a wonderful thing to become! It is one of my favorite things about my mom...she is really good at being wild.