Thursday, October 4, 2007

Pulse and Acupuncture

Today I saw my acupuncturist and told her all of the strange things I was experiencing in my body. She was surprised that the treatment had inspired a physical detox. She said she would have expected a big emotional release or a shift in my perception or in a relationship, or some change in my dreams. I think some of that might also be happening, but it's harder for me to know.
She suspected that the treatment opened up the left side of my body, and then with the Indian Summer weather and the detox yoga class, my body just decided to go with it.
The good news though is that today my pulse was 64. For months (even years) my pulse went from 70 up to 86. A pulse of 72 was a good week, and rare. A month ago I was 86. Two weeks ago I was 76. Today I was 64. So something shifted. My body has released some of the heat that has been plaguing me. She suspects the heat was from the malaria I had in high school, so it's very encouraging to finally see something change.

1 comment:

Marti said...

Wow! Wonderful! I got the chills from this story.

I also got the giggles when you said, "I think some of that might also be happening, but it's harder for me to know." After the things you've told me recently, I would think you'd be feeling confident that big emotional release, shift in perceptions and relationships, and dream changes are all happening.

I thought I'd propopse an alternative interpretation of why the left side of your body is sore:

"And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled him. And he said, "Let me go, for the day breaketh." And he said, "I will not let thee go, except thou bless me." And he said unto him, "What is thy name?" And he said, "Jacob." And he said, "Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed." And Jacob asked him, and said, "Tell me, I pray thee, thy name." And he said, "Wherefore is it that thou does ask after my name?" And he blessed him there. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face and my life is preserved. And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh."