Sunday, June 10, 2007

Update On Me

So I've been avoiding blogging again for a while. I get shy and feel vulnerable about posting, but I think it's time to return.

I finished my ESL certification this week. Three months of night classes are over, and I'm now ready to go out an teach. I wish I were more excited to go out and teach. I think I'm just getting in a rut working so little. It feels overwhelming to think of preparing lessons and being in the classroom so much. (I hate how lazy I sound admitting this.) But I am kind of looking forward to getting more involved in the world. And so the job hunt begins. Depending on how picky I am, there is high need for ESL teachers in NYC in the summer. So it at least that is working in my favor.

I have started an online writing class with the New School. I'm really excited to be doing this. It should be inspiration - of the fear of public humiliation type - to write. And I believe this will be a good thing for me. Remind me of this when I'm whining in a couple of months.

Summer is just about here, and NYC is in its typical cloudy/sunny June phase. I love it. Our CSA started two weeks ago and the fridge is full of fresh lettuce, turnips, and radishes. I'm looking through cookbooks again and grateful for the opportunity to not attend night class, but to stay home and cook again.

Since moving to NYC, the following events have happened to me in June:
-I started dating Eric
-I went ring shopping with Eric (on the day of the Puerto Rican parade, which meant the diamond district was practically shut down and we could have gotten the most amazing deal on a ring if only we'd trusted the situation and been willing to buy a ring on the first day we went shopping)
-My parents came to visit and help us set up our new apartment
-Friends have birthday parties
-School ends :)
So June is a happy month full of happy memories and still bearable summer weather. This year has been no exception.

And one last thing - Happy Birthday Jim! My brother turns 28 on Wednesday.

No comments: