Wednesday, May 30, 2007

One Thing I Love and One Thing I'm Struggling With

So I just have to tell the universe how much I love reading aloud. I especially love reading aloud to children, because they get so wrapped up in the stories and excited. But I also love reading aloud to anyone who will listen. So far that primarily means Eric, and in the past Marti. If only there were more time for it!

And one thing I'm struggling with...well the one thing I'm willing to share today anyway...that would be having the patience to let myself find a career at my own pace. I have made this intentional decision to step away from full-time work, to let myself explore and see. And yet I get so frustrated when I stop and notice the passage of time and don't see some sort of clear progress on my part. I can be so driven - and in such need of outside validation and approval. I wish I was kinder toward myself and less afraid of missing out on something - some unknown thing.

No comments: