Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March

Is it just me, or is March a lonely month? Now that this month is here again, I'm reminded of the way I feel such restlessness and loneliness during March. I feel like the light is strange. It's more plentiful all of a sudden, and it's still white like the winter sun. Spring is in the air, but it's still cold. The coziness of winter (in so much as I ever consider winter cozy) is being peeled away, but the warmth and active feeling of summer isn't here yet. And it's windy. Windy days can make me feel anxious. I don't know. It seems kind of silly to blame a month for my mood, but every year I'm relieved when April arrives.

6 comments:

Anne said...

I think March is kind of like hump month, in the sense that Wednesday is hump day.

Dave said...

Kirsten you are so weather sensitive! I guess we all are really. I love April and October, especially in New York. So beautiful! But this weather we have had yesterday and today has me giddy with Spring Fever. And you should have seen the Spring fever kids at play group this morning. Holy smokes. They were nuts. And Andrew was the ring leader.

I am finding weekends to be funny lately. I have just wanted to hibernate on the couch and I can't tell if I am tired and pregnant or just in end-of-winter mode.

Looking forward to days at Jones Beach...

Marti said...

Here March is definitely the beginning of Spring.
Spring is kind of like hump season. The birds and the bees are gettin' real busy.

Dave said...

so embarrassing...

Marti said...

Oh, how I love to embarrass Robyn!

Anne, we totally should have sent her the rodent flasher card instead of the cupcake.

J. Baird said...

Wind makes me feel flustered too. Indeed March is a month of frustration and transition when it comes to light and weather. I hope spring comes soon to soothe all of us!!!