Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Blog Thoughts

I am considering going private with the blog. Or, one thought from Firefly would be that she could open her blog to multiple contributors, and I could post there. Here is my reasoning for wanting to go private:
1. This blog has become a private conversation between friends, and I would like to share more deeply in the context of that conversation, but I feel hampered by the public nature of the internet.
2. I have lost a sense of purpose for a public blog. which makes it hard for me to know what I would even want to share publicly.

I guess that's really all I'm thinking. Please do weigh in if you have any opinions at all.

3 comments:

Anne said...

As long as it includes me! ;)

It's too bad you had those intruders last month.

Dave said...

I know, right? Me too! Funny how that is the first thing we think of. Kirsten, you are so popular!

I think that is having your blog private encourages you to post more, I am all for it!

Marti said...

Kirsten, do you want to keep a public blog for any reason? I have no attachment whatever to "Through this door." I am perfectly happy to open it up to contributions from everyone. So, if you have any reason to want to keep "Wild Woman" public, I'll do it today.

Maybe I'll just do it anyway.

Yeah, I'll do it anyway. (You never know when someone might need to gripe about their in-laws...)