Thursday, March 1, 2007

Beginning

The name of this blog and my pen name were inspired by the work of Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph.D. Her myths and stories of the Wild Woman Archtype have been very helpful to me in the last couple of months.
Sometime last fall, I began to realize that I wasn't invested in my work, and I desperately wanted and needed my energy for another journey. I am so incredibly blessed to have a supportive husband and the financial means to quit that job. So in November, I took the courageous step of entering willingly into unemployment. I knew that I had to stop looking for work out of a panic that the bills wouldn't get paid and as a quest for external validation. And I deeply wanted to reconnect with my soul and live from that place of self.
And so I began. I began to search for my soul and to develop an ear for my voice. It has been three of the richest, most profound months of my life. A friend of mine thought that others might benefit from seeing some of my process. And I think I would benefit from trying to put my voice out into the world. So I begin this blog.

No comments: